Seeking a Lead Software Engineer for the Enterprise Service Assurance Transformation team to drive software development using various technologies to improve efficiency and automation. The role will be responsible for delivering software solutions to improve employee experience, leading design, development, testing and maintenance, and partnering with end users and team members. The Lead Engineer will oversee all elements of DevOps delivery and provide excellent customer experience while contributing to the existing automation toolset. The role requires cross-functional working, documentation, and a focus on increasing operational efficiency.
The Main Responsibilities
• Designing and developing applications within CI/CD pipelines to automate the building and deployment process of complex software solutions.
• Creating automated solutions for mission-critical projects and ensuring their reliability, low latency, high availability, and performance.
• Collaborating with IT and operations staff to identify automation opportunities and integrate them with various IT systems such as ticketing, billing, change management, and orchestration.
• Consulting and partnering with business units to design, develop, test, and support high-value automation projects using MS Teams Chatbots and other technologies.
• Maintaining documentation such as wikis, spreadsheets, tickets, user-focused documentation, and code documentation, and performing code peer reviews.
• Ensuring the security and protection of data across all code bases and integrating with appropriate data storage solutions.
• Assisting other Engineers in the production release of code, reviewing acceptance criteria, and resolving blockers.
• Troubleshooting and resolving automation exceptions and outages that affect production activities.
• Participating in emergency calls, as needed, to resolve outages.
• Continuously exploring new technologies and driving the growth of the Enterprise Chatbot program, including experimenting with ChatGPT, OpenAI, and NLP.
• Partnering with application vendors to support functions and plan roadmaps.
What We Look For in a Candidate
• Bachelor's degree in MIS, CS, or CE with 5+ years of experience in enterprise solutions.
• Direct experience building .NET applications in C# and streamlining manual activities through automation in a large-scale operational environment.
• Proven history of designing and delivering infrastructure and processes for enterprise scale DevOps delivery and standardizing DevOps pipelines.
• Azure certification (AZ-900 minimum) or equivalent work experience.
• The job requires proficiency in Microservices, MS BotFramework for Teams, and containerization solutions such as Docker and Kubernetes. Additionally, basic knowledge of networking, operating systems, and servers is necessary.
• Operating Systems: Linux, Windows
• Data Formats: YAML
• Network Services: Active Directory Management, DNS, DHCP, GPO, LDAP, ADSI
• Cloud Computing: Azure FunctionApps, Public/Private/Hybrid Clouds, Cloud Security Best Practices
• Virtualization: VMWare, Hyper-V Clusters
• Microsoft Systems: MS System Center
• Security: Authentication and Authorization
• Testing: Familiarity with Test Frameworks
• ITIL Certification: Preferred
Note: The listed technical environment is preferred, but not necessarily mandatory for the role.